First-rate chalet holidays directly at Nassfeld
Top location at 1,500 m: luxury to your liking!
Spend a prime holiday in the Carinthian mountains. In new premium lodges at Nassfeld at 1,500 m – starting in winter 2023.
Spend your holidays the way you want to!
- Premium lodges: large, modern & fully furnished!
- New: apartments with 55 sq.m for couples or small families
- New: stand-alone holiday lodge with 175 sq.m with private wellness level
- Specials and discounts with the Nassfeld +CARD holiday
- Centrally located directly on Sonnenalpe with many action-packed offers
- Right next to the Madritschenbahn summer lift
- Right next to the adventure playground
- Right on the border to Italy
Nassfeld +CARD holiday: lots of benefits for our guests
Explore the entire Nassfeld region: guests benefit from many great offers.
Action and enjoyment while hiking at 1,500 m
Theme hikes, mountain bike tours, children's adventure programme: great fun in the perfect location!
Summer fun for the entire family
Summer tobogganing, lido, Acqua Trail: large offer of activities for all ages nearby
Relax in your private sauna
Find comfort and enjoyment in the Finnish sauna
Fully equipped first-rate holiday rentals
Enjoy ample space in 55-175 m2-large premium apartments
Nassfeld +CARD holiday: free for our guests
For our guests: the Nassfeld +CARD holiday is included!
- Free transport on public buses in the region and on the Nassfeld summer lifts: Piccolo-Express, Millennium-Express, Gartnerkofel chairlift
- Free admission to the Lake Pressegg, Naturbad Radnig, and Vorderberg lidos
- Hiking: guided theme hikes, Nordic Walking, Acqua Trail, tour tips, free maps, tailored hiking packages
- Mountain bike tours
- Children's adventure programme
- Up to 30% discount on numerous recreational activities
Enjoy your holiday in our premium apartments at Nassfeld. Experience diversion and relaxation at a top price. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Terrific resort at a great value-for-money ratio!
Superbly managed chalet resort! The hosts leave nothing to be desired.
Clean and spacious accommodation with very friendly staff and very delicious cuisine!
There is something for everybody! There is a lot you can do and a lot of variety.
A super great chalet resort for families.
Very attentive and helpful service.
The chalets were very clean and fully equipped with everything you need. The chalet's sauna was incredible, just perfect after a long day of hiking.
Friendly staff. Clean chalet. The surrounding area is heavenly and thanks to the Nassfeld +CARD holiday much is free of charge. Beautiful hiking trails are right nearby. We would return immediately. Just marvellous!
The Resort Sonnenalpe is located in the midst of the Carinthian mountains, surrounded by nature and on the border to Italy. Experience luxury and diversion, and explore the variety of the Austrian Alps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dogs are very welcome. We charge 15€ per day and pet (excl. food.)
Check-in is every day from 3 to 6 p.m. Check-out time is until 10 a.m. on the day of departure. If you wish to check out at a later time, we ask you to please coordinate with the front desk a day in advance.
Yes, at your arrival you will receive fresh linens and towels. In case more are needed, for a fee you may receive a new supply any time at the front desk.
On Nassfeld guests spend a diverse holiday. With the Nassfeld +CARD holiday you receive a discount on many recreational activities.
Benefits of the Nassfeld +CARD holiday include:
- Use of the Nassfeld summer lifts
- Admission to the Lake Pressegg lido
- Exclusive hiking programme and guided mountain bike tours
- Use of regional bus transport and the Nassfeld hiking bus
- Diverse, exclusive children's adventure programme
As an overnight guest you will receive the Nassfeld +CARD holiday free of charge at arrival. For no extra fee you may use the Nassfeld +CARD holiday's benefits during your entire stay.
There is a small grocery at Nassfeld, which can be reached within 5 minutes of driving. Further shops can be found in Hermagor.
Of course! Our chalets and apartments offer our guests a WiFi connection, free of charge and for 5 devices. Away from the Alm Resort, there are 20 WiFi hotspots which supply our guests with a free internet connection on the hiking trails.
There are numerous parking spaces available, free of charge. Guests of the Alm Resort Sonnenalpe may park in our underground car park as well as outside of the resort.
The Alm Resort Nassfeld – Resort Sonnenalpe is situated inmidst the mountains at 1,500 m above sea level. The region is located on the Nassfeld pass directly on the border to Italy. Venice is only 200 km and Udine only 90 km away. Klagenfurt (100 km) and Villach (64 km) are equally close.
Motorway access: 48 km away
Railway station: 19 km away
Airport: 100 km away
Are you on the lookout for shopping possibilities and cultural highlights? Here we have several tips for you:
- Adventure Alps
- Rock labyrinth
- Pendolino – summer toboggan run
- Cycling tours
- Nassfeld Golf
- Hiking programme
- Gailtaler Heimatmuseum
- Guided tour at the "GeoPark" visitors centre in Dellach
- From Ortler to the Adriatic Sea– Museum 1915-1918
- An admonition to peace in Europe (the museum is in Kötschach-Mauthen)
- Terra Mystica tourist mine
Choose between going shopping in Italy only 2 hours away and instant shopping delights directly in the area!
Guests to Nassfeld can look forward to a diverse range of activities:
- In the midst of the Carnic and Gailtal Alps
- Hiking trails for hikers of all ages run for over 1,000 km
- Alpine cabin hike – also across the border to Italy
- Via ferrata, Nordic Walking trails, gorge hikes, Geotrail, "Karnischer Höhenweg"
- Relaxation or action at Lake Pressegg & Lake Weissensee
Spend your holidays here at the Alm Resort and benefit from our many extra offers:
- Free lift ride with the Millennium Express (June-September)
- Free lift ride with the Gartnerkofel chairlift, Nassfeld (June-September)
- Great fun at our children's playground
- Free rides on public bus services throughout the region
- Free rides with the "Piccolo-Express" alm taxi on Sonnenalpe Nassfeld
- Free use of Aqua Trail "BergWasser" (June-September)
- Free guided Nordic Walking tours
- Free guided theme hikes and dowsing rod hiking tours
- Admission to the Lake Pressegg, Naturbad Radnig and Vorderberg lidos – for a bit of cooling down in between
- Professional tour tips and free maps
- Personalised hiking packages
We accept cash, ec cards, and credit cards (MasterCard & Visa).